Robot-HQ specializes in training robotics teachers and students.
Robotics as a subject incorporates all the branches of STEM education.Robot-HQ was created in response to the
shortage of STEM / STEAM / Robotics educators.
Frank's educational background is in Digital & Industrial Electronics.
- Studied at the University of Pretoria - Technology teacher.
- Certified by Innovation First / VEX Robotics for EDR V5 Pro, IQ and CS.
- Honorary member of Carnegie Mellon University CS2N + holds various certifications from them.
- Certified VRC/IQ event judge
Transitioning from EDR Cortex and Robot C, or starting out with the V5 system? This course will help you getting started.
1. We get to know the components of the new system and begin to explore VEX Coding Studio.
2. I point out and provide links to all the important steps to get your V5 system ready for action and also get VEX Coding Studio installed on your computer.
3. Use VEX C++ to program a VEX EDR V5 robot (We used the Clawbot for demonstration purposes)
4. Program a robot to drive and move its arm and claw.
5. Write functions to simplify the code.
6. Learn about loops, conditional statements, program flow and more.