Do this course section by section, or download the complete handbook as an interactive PDF.
- For the teams or team members who got tired of using VEXcode Blocks. Challenge them to learn "real" code.
- This course was written to assist robotics teachers (and students) in organizing their learning material.
- We progress from building the robot and installing the software, reviewing basic drive commands, learning program control structures, all the way to the final PID project – By which time your students (or you) will be well versed in the use of C++.
- Every section has detailed content and ideas to help you plan lessons and activities.
- Set your own pace – Use the eBook as is or add as much extra material as you wish.
- There are downloadable rubrics and quizzes at the end of each section to simplify metrics and grading for busy teachers.
- Throughout the course you’ll find clickable links that take you to external websites with more information about the subject or device under discussion.
- To help you do the activities, there are links to videos of the author’s robots completing the challenges and projects.
Robot-HQ specializes in training robotics teachers and students.
Robotics as a subject incorporates all the branches of STEM education.Robot-HQ was created in response to the
shortage of STEM / STEAM / Robotics educators.
Frank's educational background is in Digital & Industrial Electronics.
- Studied at the University of Pretoria - Technology teacher.
- Certified by Innovation First / VEX Robotics for EDR V5 Pro, IQ and CS.
- Honorary member of Carnegie Mellon University CS2N + holds various certifications from them.
- Certified VRC/IQ event judge